The Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) has made the first of its 2016 Edition of contracts, the JCT Minor Works family of contracts, available for pre-order via its online store, for despatch on 24th June 2016.
The contracts available for pre-order include the JCT Minor Works Building Contract 2016 (MW), JCT Minor Works Building Contract with contractor’s design 2016 (MWD), and JCT Minor Works Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design 2016 (MWSub/D). In addition, JCT is making the following tracked change documents available: JCT Minor Works Building Contract Tracked Change Document 2016, and JCT Minor Works Building Contract with contractor’s design Tracked Change Document 2016.
New features included in the Minor Works contracts as part of the 2016 update include:
- Incorporation of the provisions of the JCT Public Sector Supplement 2011 that relate to Fair Payment, Transparency & BIM.
- Adjustments to reflect the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Amendments to the works and existing structures insurance provisions to make them more flexible.
- Revision and simplification of the Section 4 Payment provisions, including:
- Establishing (for Fair Payment purposes) Interim Valuation Dates that apply to main contract, sub-contract and sub-subcontract levels
- Increased flexibility in relation to fluctuations provisions
- Consolidating the notice requirements of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996.
The Minor Works family will be the first in the JCT 2016 Edition to be launched, to be followed by the other suites of contracts which will be rolled out family by family.
JCT chief executive, Neil Gower, said:
JCT has been working to ensure that the 2016 Edition, starting with the launch of Minor Works, provides a series of essential updates and enhanced flexibility for JCT contract users.
By using the JCT online store to pre-order Minor Works 2016, JCT customers are guaranteed to be the first to be able to receive their copies as soon as they become available.
JCT customers can pre-order the Minor Works 2016 contracts by visiting JCT’s online store at www.jctltd.co.uk/category/minor-works-building.
Accompanying the launch of the JCT 2016 Edition will be a suite of information providing more details on the key areas of change from the 2011 Edition. JCT users are encouraged to join the JCT Network (http://corporate.jctltd.co.uk/jct-network-sign-up) in order to receive first notification of information and details of new products becoming available.